Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello.

I've decided for a change. No real gripe against wordpress, though my love for google does run deep. Its a bit much to go super deep into my soul searchings for a first entry. I tried importing my old blog here, but there was an error? (i'm a computer noob), but hey-- may be for the best-- a complete new start. Well, i still saved the entries I liked in word (is that vain?).

The easiest thing to write about at this point is myself, haha-- well maybe just the things I like.

Personal Top 5 Movies
1. Sound of Music-  Probably one of the only musicals I like. (but this one i love). I watched this so many times as a kid, well-- only video one-- the natzi part was a bit dark for an 8 year old. A rebellious nun? Rebellious children? Curtains into jumpsuits? I mean-- what is not to love? The fact that it is a real story makes it so much better.

2. The Hours- this is my go to sad movie. Its a bit hard to watch without reading the book, but its just so beautiful and sad. A story of three women, who are living lives of quiet desperation, a portrait of their whole life in just one day. How each cope, who survives, and though their lives in it of themselves are so different, they are one in the same.

3. Amelie- The music, the story, the quirkiness, its great. I love how simple the story is, about the little things in life. How the details of our lives define us, and just how risky the little things can be.

4. and 5. are usually substituted for various movies, either American Beauty, Zoolander, Harry Potter (all of them), Pride and Prejudice (BBC), etc.

Type of Music I enjoy
-Neo-Soul, particularly female vocals.
-Indie/pop (is that the right genre), particularly female vocals
-Britney Spears.

Common theme- i like listening to music where I feel i could be the one singing it. Hard for me to relate to boy  songs, haha. Although, i don't often imagine myself being overprotected or unsure as to whether i am a girl or a woman, or singing If you seek Amy, but hey, everyone has a guilty pleasure-- and mine is awesome.

For some reason, i have been extraordinarily blessed with being able to travel a lot. I have been able to live in London, and travel through Florence, Venice, Rome, Munich, Amsterdam, and Oxford. I went to the Philippines, Korea, South Africa, Mozambique, Swaziland, Israel, Uganda, Egypt, Greece, Spain, and London/Oxford again. I don't know how it happened, or why, but I am so grateful for all the experiences and know that I love travel. I love touching down on a totally different land, walking where history happened, seeing old fragments of prior centuries attached to modern buildings and different times. New foods, new languages, feeling victorious after navigating through a city. Its a gust of fresh air and perspective for me. Places I would love to go to: India, Peru, Indonesia, Brazil.

Can't really think of other "first date" kind of topics to elaborate on at this time. My goal is to be consistent with this blog. Wish me luck.

1 comment: