Thursday, December 9, 2010

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens

Boo, am still adjusting to the night schedule so had a hard time sleeping through the day. It doesn't help that my window is close to our neighbor's side door, which is where the nanny and kids have lots of conversation. Also, the light blocking curtains I got are too small for my window, which allows lots of light to come in. Better than nothing, but still. 

New things that I am enjoying:

1. Bluetooth. Eric got me one, I guess from a post-black friday sale, but it is nice. It fits well, connects automatically, has ease of use-- which for a noob like me is awesome. We were previously just talking on speaker phone to somewhat comply with the new MD law, but every 5 seconds we'd have to repeat ourselves bcause of so much environmental noise. Bluetooth be clear! So now we are nerds we used to hate on, talking to ourselves haha. 

2. Bare Minerals- Angie had this a long time ago and I occasionally used it but was able to get a good deal on a starter set. First, its easy. I don't do well with foundations, blending-- usually end up with a bit too much. Plus my face is super dry so it gets all flaky and looks gross. But-- it does what it says, softens and the make up is light. It doesn't take long it is a lot more subtle. The brushes are really soft and professional feeling, which makes me feel urban and chic for owning them, and additional incentive to use them. Hmm, have yet to wear it more than once, but so far I am pleased. 

3. Rio Membership- I got added to my mom's account for 10 a month, which is nice because we can split the outrageous individual membership by half, which is much more affordable. I don't know why, but free towels makes me want to gym it up. The steam room and locker room is really nice and I enjoy going to the gym. Since Rio is so close to all my suburban needs, its not really a hassle to go. I don't know what restaurant is outside, but the food smell tasty! Best marketing ever. Weird things-- in the shower room, they re-engineered due to my guess, hair overload. So at the edge of each shower stall, closest to the nozzle, is a hair trough. Its like a canal of hair that leads to the drain. When its clean you don't notice, but usually its like a wig sprinkled in a narrow opening. hahah

4. Google reader- wow-- now i can check blogs and such really easily. This.. is so much better than trying to read individually from links. (duh), but had to give it props, e-props. 

5. Night guard- My dentist fitted me with this night guard because i kept clenching my teeth and night, leading to soreness in the morning and fears of my teeth cracking. I thought it would be mad uncomfortable and potentially drool dangerous, but surprisingly I sleep well, my teeth aren't sore and I don't wake up in pools of drool. 

That is all for today. Happy Thursdays-- watch 30 Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment